Where does the money go?
Blue Heron PTA has a difficult task every year to raise several thousand dollars to enrich the educational experience for our children, but do you know what the money is spent on? As a non-profit organization, Blue Heron PTA has to spend the money earned. We aim to provide all of the items listed; however, our budget has to be adjusted if we do not meet our fundraising goals. If you want to have input on where the money is spent, please volunteer for a Board Position.
- This includes all the wonderful events and activities sponsored by the PTA. We are always working hard to bring more programs and activities to Blue Heron if/when we have the funds!
- Friday Folders provided to 1st-5th grades
- Chromebooks and charging stations for every student (currently the district only provides Chromebooks for 5th grade)
Field Trips (via Teacher Grants)
- Grade level field trips
Classroom Materials (via Teacher Grants)
- Classroom resources and supplies
- Art, Music, P.E./Fitness, ESL, Special ED supplies and equipment
- Yearbook publication
- Printing costs for flyers
- Teacher appreciation events
- Kindergarten Welcome
- Grandparents Day
- Dues to PTA organization
- Liability Insurance
- Websites fees
- Online transaction and PayPal/Credit Card fees
One Time Expenses
- Leadership Training
Blue Heron PTA is requested to contribute approximately $30,000 annually to the school to cover the above mentioned programs and expenses. As you know, the money is collected one fundraiser at a time and is made possible by your generosity. Please consider supporting our school with your financial contributions and your time! Our children and their future depend on it.