Hello Blue Heron Room Parents,
Thank you for volunteering to be a room parent for your child’s class for the 2019-2020 school year. Room parents play an integral part in the communication between teachers and parents throughout the school year. Below you will find information that will help you fulfill the room parent duties. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you, Kelly Benninghoff Room Parent Coordinator
Though parents will have already provided their email address to the school and school district during the registration process, they still need to expressly release that information to you for Room Parent communications. Please let parents know that, if they choose not to provide an email address, they may not receive important classroom information. Parents may sign up at Back to School Night via a signup form (I have provided teachers with forms to hand out with instructions)
Room Parent Responsibilities: May include but not limited to:
1. Act as a liaison between the classroom parents and the PTA. It is helpful to attend PTA general meetings when possible.
2. Act as an activities coordinator for all celebrations in the classroom and provide information between the teacher and classroom parents.
3. Maintain a positive working relationship with the teacher.
4. Assist the teacher in the classroom and with material preparation as deemed necessary by the teacher.
5. Assist the teacher with planning and implementing special events and projects.
6. Coordinate volunteers as requested for classroom activities and instruction.
7. Coordinate volunteers for PTA events. 8. The PTA will not cover the cost of food or supplies used for classroom activities. *Each classroom may have more than one room parent. Parents can act as co-room parents, with all room parents taking on the responsibility of representing the PTA.
Documents: 1. Blue Heron Room Parent Handbook 2. Blue Heron Room Parent Checklist 3. Guidelines Regarding Food for School Parties/Celebrations 4. Teacher Favorite Things 5. Room Parent Contact Spreadsheet
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions!