Blue Heron PTA is excited to bring you a new way to stay informed about Blue Heron PTA events. We will be sending reminders via a program called Remind.
Remind is a free communication tool that was originally built for teachers to communicate with students & parents, but many PTAs around the country are now using it as well! This system allows organizers to reach parents, community members, etc on any device.
Organizers log in online or on the mobile app to send messages to subscribed users via text, email, or push notification…all without revealing anyone’s personal phone numbers or email addresses. NOTE: If using text, standard text messaging rates will apply.
We have set up a Remind group (called “class” in the app and on the website) to provide quick reminders or information:
- “Blue Heron PTA Reminders” (class code @bhreminder):
- This will be for communication about upcoming PTA events and programs.
- Instructions for setup:
- PUSH NOTIFICATIONS – Best if you have a smartphone, and would like push notifications from the mobile app. On your iPhone or Android phone, open your web browser and enter the following link: remind.com/join/bhreminder Follow the instructions to sign up for Remind. You’ll be prompted to download the mobile app.
- TEXT MESSAGES – Best if you don’t have a smartphone, or you prefer to get text notifications. Text to the number 81010, the text string: @bhreminder. (If you’re having trouble with 81010, try texting @bhreminder to (937) 538-4389) *Standard text messaging rates apply.
- EMAIL REMINDERS – Best if you prefer to get email reminders. Go to remind.com/join/bhreminder on a desktop computer to sign up for email notifications.
- Note – we may be balancing our reminder subscribers between multiple “classes” to allow us to keep offering reminders at no cost. You may be moved to other groups, but nothing will change with the reminders you receive.
Remember that these notifications can be via email, text and/or push notifications. If you would like to change the method of delivery, you can go to the Remind website and update your communication options.
Rest assured, if you sign up but then decide you don’t like it, you can opt-out at any time – find instructions here. (Remember that Blue Heron PTA is the “teacher” and “class” is the group.)